Since 1977, the Photoarchives Branko Balić keeps the legacy of the named photographer, who was a permanent associate of the IAH. The collection gathers around 12,000 b/w negatives representing the works of mainly croatian artists from all fields of fine and visual arts (painting, sculpture, architecture, applied arts, design), dating mostly from the late 1950s to mid 1970s. A large part his legacy are series of portraits of distinguished public figures, mostly from the art and theatre scene.
Systematic digitization of the collection began in 2014 and is done at the IAH Photolaboratory premisses (Irena Šimić, Paolo Mofardin). From 2021 digitization of the collection is part of national project e-Kultura.
The collection is available through a DAM, with related descriptions. The selection from the subcollection of portrait is available in the online photo gallery.
Branko Balić (pdf, 8 MB, presentation)
- Branko Balić (IAH, 2022, monograph)
- Branko Balić – The Attentive Observer (MUO, 2019, exhibition)
- Fotografija u Hrvatskoj: Branko Balić (HRT, 2016, documentary film)
- Branko Balić (1930.–1976.): fotografije (MUO, 1978, exhibition)
- Biography (LZMK, Hrvatski biografski leksikon, Nada Grčević, 1983.)
Contact: Irena Šimić